Innovative Mobility Solutions
We are a single-source solution provider in mobile applications
We’re experts in mindful moving.
We can help our customers to improve safety, productivity and
profit in any process that involves pushing, pulling or lifting:
Innovative Mobility Products
Intelligently Simple, Smart Product Design
Our mobility products are deceptively simple and elegant.
We design for form and function: with contemporary styling
Our products are not constrained by traditional approaches.
We enjoy doing things differently: we think anew about material selection and manufacturing technology and we
Core capability in competative manufacturing with robust quality
Both Fallshaw & Electrodrive have engineering roots and proud histories of making products to world standards.
The company was founded by Percy Fallshaw who started making wheelchairs in 1920.
It was then managed for forty-five years by Robert Fallshaw, under whose leadership we started making castors, developed our manufacturing expertise and built an enviable sales network to become one of the world’s leading castor companies. Regrettably Robert passed away in 2005.
Jo Fallshaw Bishop, Robert’s daughter, is now the Managing Director & owner and continues the tradition of developing innovative products, and manufacturing well-designed, cost effective, quality castors, delivered in-full and on-time with great service and technical support.
In 2012, Jo Fallshaw acquired Electrodrive, with its own proud history in design, manufacture and servicing of powered materials handling products. This has enabled Fallshaw and Electrodrive to combine product portfolios and expertise to expand into the broader portfolio of mobility solutions and products.
"An intelligently simple, smart approach to designing for both form and function."
Our innovative mobility products are deceptively simple and elegant. The interface is intuitive and easy to use. We design for form and function: with contemporary styling and without unnecessary components or material. Our products are not constrained by traditional approaches. We enjoy doing things differently: we think anew about material selection and manufacturing technology and we radically reinterpret mobility product design. Our greatest compliment is when our customers forget about our mobility products - what do we mean by that?
Castors need to be a considered part of the overall design:
- Furniture castors should be a considered part of furniture design, with colour, finish and style seamlessly blending to the point that the castors are just a part of the whole, rather than an afterthought.
- Castors used on trolleys should steer true with minimal push effort, great ride comfort and brakes that work effectively every time - when castors are designed well people are not conscious of how a trolley moves - it just happens.
- Serious working castors should have long product life with minimal and easy preventative maintenance - castors should not cause interruptions to equipment use due to high wear rates or breakdowns: they should soldier on unnotice
Materials Handling Equipment should:
- have control panels so intuitive that you don’t need to read the instruction manual or require more than 5 minutes of training (the hierarchy of information and graphic design should enhance quick understanding of key information)
- be safe to use (designed to be fail-safe and ‘idiot proof’ with reliable attention to detail in the use of back off bars, emergency stops, safety cages, multiple load trigger devices and other features designed to ensure the equipment cannot harm users or bystanders)
- have refined design (no sharp edges, resolved panelling, attractive control panels, water resistance)
- have thoughtful ergonomics in terms of handle heights, small foot prints, load distribution, pivot points and general sizing
When you choose a Fallshaw castor, you can then forget about it because it is designed to perform.
"Compliance to rigorous quality-specifications."
‘Quality basics’ of Fallshaw Core Castors:
- A 5-year warranty on the fork (3 years on the wheel);
- Corrosion resistance 3 times the Australian standard.
- Attention to detail and quality materials:
o Stainless steel brake springs (not heat-treated mild steel that can embrittle)
o Steel that is pickled and oiled (not black steel with associated streaky-plating);
o Coined ball tracks to prevent brinelling (stops sloppy castors as ball tracks wear-down)
o Head race rivets in high-quality steel that won’t elongate or snap under impact
o UV stabilizers in plastic parts so colours stay true and parts don’t become brittle
"Offering a friendly and effective approach to rapid response, concenience and reliability in a manner customised to suit our customers needs."
- We work with Healthcare, Commercial & Industrial OEMs to offer components or complementary products that either reduce the Lowest Total Cost of Ownership or provide enhanced product features that increase the saleability or value of their OEM equipment.
- We work with Healthcare facilities to improve outcomes in their Push-pull processes and patient safety.
- We work with Industrial end users to improve their Move-safe processes.
- Our Sales Representatives work hard to tailor solutions to suit individual customer’s needs.