Innovative mobility solutions and products
We have intelligently simple, smart product design. Our mobility products are deceptively simple and elegant. The interface is intuitive and easy to use.
We design for form and function, with contemporary styling and without unnecessary components or material.
Our products are not constrained by traditional approaches. We enjoy doing things differently. We think anew about material selection and manufacturing technology and we radically reinterpret mobility product design.
Our greatest compliment is when our customers forget about our mobility products—what do we mean by that?
- Bed movers should have control panels so intuitive that you don’t need to read the instruction manual or require more than 5 minutes of training
- Furniture castors should be a considered part of furniture design, with colour, finish and style seamlessly blending to the point that the castors are just a part of the whole, rather than an afterthought
- Castors used on trolleys should steer true with minimal push effort, great ride comfort and brakes that work effectively every time—when castors are designed well people are not conscious of how a trolley moves—it just happens
- Serious working castors should have long product life with minimal and easy preventative maintenance—castors should
not cause interruptions to equipment use due to high wear rates or breakdowns: they should soldier on unnoticed
When you choose Fallshaw castors or Electrodrive materials handling equipment, you can then forget about them—they are
designed to perform.
Quality basics of Fallshaw castors
- A 5 year warranty on the fork and 3 years on the wheel
- Best practice corrosion resistance (150 hours in salt spray test)
- Attention to detail and quality materials:
- Stainless steel brake springs (not heat-treated mild steel that can embrittle)
- Steel that is pickled and oiled (not black steel with associated streaky-plating)
- Coined ball tracks to prevent brinelling (stops sloppy castors as ball tracks wear-down)
- Head race rivets in high-quality steel that won’t elongate or snap under impact
- UV stabilisers in plastic parts so colours stay true and parts don’t become brittle
Quality basics of Electrodrive materials handling
- All electro-hydraulic and electronic components are load and cycle tested in worst-case environments
- Motors designed for continuous operation (S1 rating with venting to prevent heat build-up and alloy steel gearing for
- Sealed gel cell battery for transport without leakage and prevention of the risk of acid leakage
- Easy access to core service components (clustered electronic components via easy access panels to fuses, motor controllers, short stop, hour meter etc.)
- Programmed and programmable speed control so that start-up and slow-down speeds are safe, non-threatening and can be
altered to suit particular applications and (of course) wheels & castors have high-abrasion tyres and quality bearings to ensure long product life
Our manufacturing plant is located in one complex in Melbourne, Australia. We are able to produce products at world competitive prices because we use intelligent technology, a highly skilled and productive workforce and lean manufacturing methodology to reduce costs.
While wheels and forks are assembled to stock, castors are assembled to order. We pick the wheels and forks (either sold separately or assembled as castors) which makes for a rapid turnaround.
We injection mould and assemble the wheels, where automation and a highly skilled workforce enable fast lead times and flexible processes. We also have our own test facility where we ensue that our wheels and castors perform in the harshest conditions.
We also press metal form and fabricate fork components before the forks are assembled. Progressive tools with leading edge processes and controls, precision welding robots and tight tolerance control result in efficiently produced, quality metal components.
Both Fallshaw and Electrodrive have Quality Management Systems certified to ISO 9001:2008, and we manufacture the vast majority of our products in Australia (upwards of 85% overall at time of printing).